Sunday, May 15, 2011

Food Fight Redux!

This recently appeared in our grocery store in huge quantities, so for just $0.12 I was headed home with the mystery food of the week. Our teacher told me it was delicious stir fried with garlic (it was just okay).  After looking online, it's semi-available in the States, so it might not be much of a mystery for some of you to guess.



And a very popular snack here. 
Yes, we've had it.
It tastes fine, it just isn't worth all the gnawing for a tiny amount of food.


P.S. I've heard from some of you that you can't enter your guesses in the comment field without registering. What you do is choose name/URL and just leave the URL field blank. No registration needed. Let me know if that doesn't work.

6 comments:

  1. Linda ScottMay 18, 2011

    I LOVE your pictures--I think it must be in the lettuce or spinach family--keep the blogs coming! Wish you were serving dinner here tonight! YUM! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, wait a second, what in gods name is that second picture down??????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie, keep up the great writing! Your posts always make me crack up. But I have to agree with Jake here - what the heck are those?

    oh no. are they chicken feet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please, please, please tell me you did not gnaw on a raw-looking bird foot. I am 100% certain that you are supposed to "throw down" a chicken foot, not eat it. Ease my mind and tell me they are baby alien hands, although equally gross to chew on I imagine. And PS, did mom really "YUM" to the chicken foot?! I may have to find a new family...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda ScottMay 22, 2011

    I "yummed" the salad and chicken breast dinner in the picture above the noted chicken feet--Leslie had shown the feet to me on SKYPE--pulled them right out of her doggy bag with no forewarning--I was aghast and could only think of where they had trod.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, chicken feet! They taste okay, but it's just skin and tendon and maybe 1% meat. I figured I needed to try them though, since they are all the rage here. I guess the first photo isn't gross enough to compete with the chicken feet--it's amaranth....

    ReplyDelete