Our souvenir wish list:
10. For Brian: socks that fit
9. For me: Jeans. The Chinese genome is enviably missing the hip gene.
8. Sneakers for our behemoth feets.
7. Cheese. GOOD cheese.
6. Vanilla Extract
5. Cornmeal. Oh Cornbread, how we've missed you!
4. Chocolate chips that don't cost $45 for one bag. I'm not kidding! Okay, okay, it was a 5kg bag, but still, that's darn expensive for me to have (sneakily) eaten 80% of the bag!
3. Memory foam mattress pad (we've already located Costco in Melbourne for this beaut of a purchase!)
2. Eat (snarf, inhale, etc.) delicious, juicy cheeseburgers. Lots of them.
So I realize this is a pretty mundane wish list and you're most likely thinking that reading this far has been an utter waste of time. Fear not.
At the top of our non-touristy-to-do list is:
1. Date night at the movies.
No reading subtitles.
But not just any movie.
Three days before it's released in the States.
For those Harry Potter fans who are already seething over this, when we get back to China two weeks later, we'll be able to buy the DVD.