Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"A Visit to the Dentist" by Brian DeRoche

I was walking back from lunch, watching all the locals bed down on the lawn and under the trees for their noontime nap, envious that I was faced with another 5 hours of work without hope of sleep, when I saw something that caught my eye.  There at the entrance to the electrical shop were two workers welding some small object.  Welding is an everyday occurrence here in the yard so that didn’t seem at all out of place, but what caught my eye was it appeared as though the small object they were working on was a pair of pliers.  So I walked over for a closer look, thinking to myself, “This has got to be my first glimpse of Chinese humor…  They’re welding shut their buddy's pliers as a practical joke!”  If only that were the case. Instead what I found may very well have scarred me for life.  They were heating the pliers up (an attempt, I believe, to sanitize them) before one used them to pull a molar out of the mouth of the other!  OUCH!!!  At least it simultaneously cauterized the new hole in his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment