Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bon Voyage!

Well, believe it or not, it's time for us to take off for another vacation! Living in China truly does have its benefits. This time we're off to the Philippines and Thailand. Here's the highlights of our coming month...

After arriving in Manila, we'll take a pleasant 10 hour bus ride to Banaue, where we'll spend 3 days hiking the rice terraces.


Then it is off to Puerto Princesa for a few days before leaving for a scuba liveaboard to Tubbataha.

Puerto Princesa's underground river and one of the new 7 wonders of the world.
Our hotel for the week!


Next stop, Bangkok!

Grand Palace


Ayutthaya

Then Chiang Mai for 5 days, including a 3 day elephant jungle trek. This is definitely what I'm most looking forward to!

This promises to be the most unforgettable birthday EVER

Last stop, Phuket for 3 days, then a liveaboard diving in the Similans and Surins.

Can't WAIT!


We'll spend a day kayaking in Pha Nga Bay
Yes please!
We'll have periodic access to the internet, so I should be able to post a few photos as we go along. Happy trails!

One Year Ago:   

And We're Off!

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic itinerary! Can't wait to see the photos. Hope it's all as wonderful as it looks. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I am more than a little jealous of your trip. I've always wanted to go to Thailand. Maybe in a couple of years when I turn 25, right? This year for my birthday I've saved up to go scuba diving in Bonaire. So I am pretty excited about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday! You will LOVE Bonaire! Shore diving at its best! I'd always been fascinated by Thailand too. But honestly, after going, I'd say focus on the Philippines or Australia if you're keen on saving up for another dive trip. Cheers!

      Delete