Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Birthday to Remember

A quick note to say we're safe and sound here in Jiangyin. Thankfully we didn't feel any of the earthquakes, nor was the area affected by the tsunami. Such a tragedy. I spent the day glued to CNN and the BBC for updates on the explosion at the nuclear reactor--certainly nerve-racking at times, considering our proximity now. I never imagined having to spend my birthday worried about such things when I woke up....but for now it seems like Japan is staving. off an even greater crisis.

On a much happier note, we're off to Shanghai tomorrow. It's our first time going in to the city. The goal is to buy a cello since I didn't bring mine with me. Can't wait to experience Shanghai!

p.s. yup--the photo from the last post was of water chestnuts....most of you who emailed me knew that....I was clueless when I saw them at the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment